Thursday, June 3, 2010

Veitnam Ch Chi tunnels





yesterday we went on this tour to a factory kind of like OTC. it was a place were disabled people from the veitnamese war can work and make a living. all the art work that they did was amazing, and it was all hand painted. we really wanted to get some stuff but we couldnt get it home. 



this is my favoret plate. they make lots of plates that are very cool. i like this one because it has the same kind of tour boat that we might go on.

on the tour we also went to a temple. I can't remember the name of the religion but it was interesting. the tour guide said it was a combination of christian catholic buhdist and hindu.


after some time on the bus we finaly got to the tunnels. the tunnels were dug by the VC (viet cong) in the veitnam war. the tunnels go all over. in this pic you can see the secret entrance


there it is. did you find it? thats how the VC always seamed to disapear. he said that they could get down and close it is 4 seconds. when you go down you could crawl out a differnt entrance.












this is the way out of the one I went down in.

the VC would set traps to kill them and then take the US soldier's guns and weapons. these are some explosives from bombs that didn;t explode.




at the end of the tour me and my dad both got to shoot an AK-47. it was so cool! |I hit the target evry time at 100 yards.


well thats all for now, time for me to go back with the VC. bye.

2 comments:

  1. Cant you sneak one of those pot's into your backpack for me???/lol
    I love those

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tunnels are amazing! I would love one of those plates too!! Love Grandma & Grandpa

    ReplyDelete