Thursday, June 10, 2010

my days in Vietnam


June 9,2010




Today we got a tour to the sand dunes and a cool little river called fairy river. The river was the most polluted river I have ever smelt. We walked up it all the way to the falls. On one side of the river was some sand stone that had incredible colours and shapes. On the other side were lots of rice patties. Once we were back at the jeep we went to the dunes. There we went sand sliding. It was a lot of fun but you didn’t go very fast. After we got back we went to different dunes that were crowded with tones of people. so we left. After dinner we all got massages. It was awesome.



June 10

Mom thinks I don’t write enough, I know I probably don’t but I am tired and want to sleep. So now I have to write lots. Sadly I don’t now what to write. Mom thinks I should write how I feel about being in Vietnam.

So far I like it at the ocean but the food here is not as good as in Saigon. Half an hour ago me and dad went to have ice cream for dessert. When we got there we ordered 2 banana splits. 15 minutes later the lady comes and said they don’t have enough ice cream for 2. So we stood up to leave then she quickly said they would bring it out right away. 3 minutes later she brings us a little glass of chocolate ice cream and 3 slices of banana deep fried and in cased in some kind of batter. So we said that’s not a banana split. She said it was. Then dad said it was supposed to come with whip cream but they were out of whip cream so they brought us something different. That’s when we walked out and didn’t go back. Now we are going to bed without ice cream.


3 comments:

  1. Dream of ice cream at the Hut!!! We'll treat you when you get home..Love Grandma & Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will make you the best ice cream you have ever had when you came home.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha you guys are picky ice cream eaters! That reminds me of how Dean had to teach us to eat our ice cream properly.
    See you soon kind of!

    ReplyDelete